The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Blacks in Publishing

So there are black people that work in publishing. To prove it, Christine P. an editor at Random House, and myself coordinated a Cocktails and Conversation for blacks in publishing at the swanky Flute Bar. We sent out an evite to the people that we knew between us and asked for it to be passed around.

So last Tuesday, about 25 publishing professionals met up for 2-for-1 cocktails and fellowship. There were several people that I didn't know in attendance, including editors and two rising literary agents. Go figure!

Also in attendance: Janet Hill, Charles Harris (the one and only founder of Amistad press and former head of Howard University Press), Manie Barron, Tracy Sherrod, Chris Jackson, Clarence Haynes, John McGregor and one of my favorite people, Linda Duggins. It was a good time and so great to see folks dedicated to book publishing.

I took pictures on my new wonderful digital camera. So when I get a minute to hook up to the computer, I will post some pictures.

And will post all the pictures on the upcoming redesigned BackList. That's right, change is a coming.

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh! How I wish I was there.

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Tracy Sherrod still a literary agent with her own literary agency?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home