The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Friday, June 03, 2005

I wasn't there...

I wasn't there when this announcement was supposedly made, but apparently QBR and Black Issues Book Review will be merging. Yes, I know. I don't have any details because it up was just mentioned in a conversation at BEA.

So it could all just be a post-concussion dream.

But even so, I am not sure what I think about it. I do understand the need to pull together resources. BackList could benefit from some partnerships. And we all know the publishing industry just loves consolidation, but I saw them as two distinct publications, both necessary. Perhaps I need more information on why.

3 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Felicia!

BAsically, QBR didn't have the exposure it needed, which meant it didn't have the money it needed. Merging with BIBR will give it exposure. But...I heard one BIBR person say, "It's not a merger. More like a friendly get-together." *shrug* I haven't heard exactly WHAT this "get-together" will entail, and how it will affect either/both pubs. We'll see.

T.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Felicia Pride said...

Oh, don't feel bad. QBR is the Quarterly Black Book Review (www.qbr.com) founded by Max Rodriguez (co-founder of the Harlem Book Fair).

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Felicia Pride said...

Tiffany, I missed you at BEA. How are things?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home