The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

AA at BEA

I'm excited, this will be my first time going to BEA. I can't wait to see all the publishers, publishing folks, new books coming out, etc. I'll be working in the booth for my job on Friday.

As for the AA community, there's alot going on. Clare Villarosa's annual African-American bookseller's conference will be on Thursday and focuses on Children's books. The conference runs from 11:00-800, with a reception starting at 5:30 (or 5:00, can't remember).

That night BAIP along with some others are hosting a late night reception beginning at 8:30.

Friday at 6:00 (I am not all that great with times) Nubian Heritage (Harlem, NY) is hosting a reception to celebrate being selected as Blackboard Bookseller of the Year.

Blackboard will be hosting their annual awards ceremony at the Lincoln Center. Fancy. They are honoring Ms. Villarosa who is retiring from the bookseller business.

These are just some of the highlights.

I hope to get to as many of the activities as possible and will try to report back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home