The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Monday, May 23, 2005

What I'm Reading

Things have been so hectic that my reading has taken a back seat. But I finished Mark Anthony Neal's New Black Man. Such a necessary book.

I am currently reading, Cocaine Chronicles edited by Jervey Tervalon and Gary Phillips.

as well as The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. I am quite fascinated how Gladwell has come up with these "priniciples" that are founded in his own science writing, how he has elaborated on them in a book format, sold hundreds of thousands of copies and promoted buisness folks to think twice about how they do things. In this book I am looking for some sort of inspiration, some sort of lesson that I can apply to my personal and professional life. I have to let you know if I get it when I'm done reading it.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jervey tervalon is not the great guy tries to make himself out to be. Don't let him fool you! He is a piece of trash infact.He believes in sleeping around. He sleeps with folks in the clubs he frequents and he also sleeps with his students. (I'm one of those students @ USC and I've had enough of his BS!) How could you ever have anything about him on your blog??? It's an an insult to humanity. Period. I discovered that he has a family at home, yet he continues to sleep around like the dog he is! And for those he sleeps with or hangs around, ... They are bound to get up with fleas the next day too, like I did. I pity anyone this flea-infeasted creature comes in countact with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home