The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Crisis Magazine

Perhaps I should be ashamed to admit this but for the first time, I've seen a real copy of Crisis Magazine, the NAACP publishing outlet. Well that isn't totally correct, I saw some copies from W.E.B Dubois days in Harvard's library (that was very cool) but I just don't hear about the magazine enough to remember that it is alive and well. I was pretty impressed with the copy I "borrowed" from work. It's the one with Rosa Parks on the cover and it contains some very thoughtful book reviews. Long ones at that! I couldn't think of another black-oriented magazine that dedicated that many pages to literature. I want to write for it.

1 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Felicia Pride said...

they seem to be hard to come by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home