The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

say it ain't so

this isn't publishing related, but deserved attention, nonetheless.

anybody that knows me, knows I am a huge Mary J. Blige fan. I mean I've been there from the beginning with You Remind Me. I was there through the drugs and bad relationships, the bad color jobs and the sometimes bad live performances. But still I loved her and didn't judge...

Despite how much I love her. She should not, I repeat, not play NINA SIMONE in an upcoming movie. I'm sorry. Should I start a petition?

First of all, Mary is not an actress. Why does every singer/rapper feel they need to "dabble" in acting. Stay in your own lane, sometimes that is best. Now of course some have genuine talent (I'm thinking Mos Def) but most (I'm thinking Usher) need to fall back.

Second, Nina is on a whole nother level, one that Mary won't be able to capture. Can I tell you that woman gives me chills? "Bird in the sky you know how i feel" goes through me.

I'm am very upset right now (100 times more mad than when I heard they were going to remake Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, how can you butcher a classic?)

3 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you are so funny. And I hear you completely and you know how i feel about usher.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Felicia Pride said...

yes i do know how you feel about usher, although he isn't doing it for me anymore. and that movie trailer has much to do with it.

 
At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy that Mary J will have the opportunity to portray Nina Simone. It’s a beautiful thing to watch the advancement of Black Americans. I believe success comes from accepting once in a lifetime opportunities and marking your mark on the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home