The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Monday, November 07, 2005

Back from Vacation

I was on vacation last week on a lovely caribbean cruise. A legitimate excuse for not having any updates lately.

I'm am trying to get back into the swing of things but it is going to take some time.

Anyway, just read that my old professor and wonderful mentor Juris Jurjevics has stepped down from publisher at Soho Press. His book, The Trudeau Vector was just published so he's going to concentrate on his writing career. He'll still be editor-at-large and will continue teaching at Emerson. It was just a shock, but I'm sure it will free him up to pursue more personal projects.

Also on the move, Anita Doreen Diggs, former head of One World/Ballantine will now be a senior editor at Thunder Mouth. Also Stacey Barney, formerly at Amistad has moved onto Kensington as an editor. Lots of changes.

In other news, (can you tell I'm all over the place?), this Saturday I'm going to be interviewed on a new radio show out of San Francisco called 1440. I'll give more details soon, so you can check it out. I'll be talking about Backlist and the world of literature. Thanks Kevin Cartwright for thinking about me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home