The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Library Thing

Want to catalog your book collection online? Check out Thelibrarything.com. The online service allows you to:

Searches Amazon, the Library of Congress and 45 other world libraries.
Show it or keep it private. Put your books on your blog too.
Get recommendations. Connect to people with all your obscure stuff.
Tag your books as on Del.icio.us and Flickr (eg., wwii, magical realism, vampires, theology, dogs, philosophy of science).
Export your data. Import from almost anywhere too.
Enter 200 books for free, as many as you like for $10 (year) or $25 (life).

Geez is it me or is there too many things to keep up with between myspace, blogger, BackList now a place to upload all your books? It's a great concept, but as I open my cupboard (which is filled with books and not food), I can't even imagine loading the names of all the books I own. That would be incredibly crazy of me, not too mention time-consuming. I should read all them first before I start listing them.

But if anyone out there has done it, I would love to hear the wonderful benefits you've derived from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home