The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Friday, July 14, 2006

Harlem Book Fair Media Launch

I attended yesterday's Harlem Book Fair Media Launch. Wasn't there long. It was a little chaotic. It was held at the Commerce Bank at 125th Street, which was an interesting location because for part of the event, the bank was still open. And although the bank was a nice sized space, the presentation took place in a small area of the bank which created congestion and the chaos.

Wendy Williams was there reppin her new book. You know who else was there? The light skinned brother that played Bird's ex-boyfriend in Soul Food. Man did I think he was fine...things change in person.

Anywho, it was loud, people (including myself) were talking while the presentations were going on. They had a poet from Def Poetry Jam "perform." I felt bad because he had to compete for attention above everyone's conversation and all the commotion.

But I must say the jerk chicken skewers were off the chain.

Regardless I am looking forward to next Saturday, the 22nd. The panels have been announced, check them out at www.qbr.com.

As I did last year, BackList will be sharing a booth with Brian Peterson from Okaybooks (the book section of Okayplayer). Definitely make sure to check us out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home