The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Relentless Aaron

Relentless Aaron, the self-proclaimed father of Urban fiction is profiled today in the NYT. I got to say selling books on buses headed to prisons is absolutely brilliant. Pretty bold too. I may not want to do it, but talk about reaching your audience.

Okay, my favorite quote from the piece:

"It's true, there are too many distractions on the outside," he said. "Sometimes I have to lock myself in a hotel room with no phone or TV. Sometimes I just get in my truck and drive to a deserted place for a while. But I'll never have it as good as prison again. For writing, anyway."

3 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger slb said...

pretty spectacular quote, that.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Lynne d Johnson said...

relentless aaron is just that, relentless. i've met him and spoken with him several times. his boldness is his defining characteristic. and he's not a bad writer either.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger ajani snelling said...

Writing in prison was my greatest experience as well. I only wish that my first five years would have been spent doing such, instead of only the last two. Your Northern Most Author Ajani.
www.tackpublishing.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home