The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Monday, August 29, 2005

Our August

I am so sorry to hear that August Wilson is battling liver cancer. He is a literary treasure. I remember reading some of his plays in grade school but seeing them and understanding them and feeling them as an adult. This is really upsetting.

“It's not like poker, you can't throw your hand in,'' Wilson, 60 told his hometown newspaper, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, which broke the story of his illness. "I've lived a blessed life. I'm ready.''

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said...

This was sad news. But its a really good reflection piece. If we were to die tomorrow, would we be able to say : "I've lived a blessed life. I'm ready."
We must make each day as wonderful and fabulous as possible. Life is a privilage, not to be taken for granted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home