The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I got a book deal, now what??

Here is an article on mediabistro for those of you who have signed your first book deal. You are miles ahead of me. It answers the question (very broadly), “what’s next?”

My favorite line from the piece: “it's often because the authors have failed to educate themselves about the process and what publishing will or won't do for them.”

I think it is important for authors to empower themselves with information regarding the publishing process. Writing and publishing go hand and hand (that is if you want to be published) and to be clueless about publishing will only hurt you in the end.

4 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said...

ditto with Rashid...Did u really get a book deal, though?

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Felicia Pride said...

oh no, I didn't get a book deal. I lack the discpline to actually write something longer than, well, a blog entry. And even those tend to be on the short side.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said...

hummm, but i could have sworn I read something or yours, like an essay, on the web somwhere...

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Felicia Pride said...

I used to write a lot more than I do know so there is old stuff floating on the web. now i'll do the occasional book review bu tnothing much longer than that. Sometimes I'll write for my website, www.thebacklist.net, but mostly I just do Q&As.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home