The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

My Beef

Can I vent for a moment? So I receive a fair amount of information about new releases for authors. Since I can't read everything, I usually use these press releases, inquiries, book synapses, etc to decide what to publish in BackList.

Since these are "writers", I would expect that these marketing pieces would be written using good grammar, spelling, in complete sentences, etc. No, not at all. I get so many book plots that I can't even understand because they are written so poorly.

Why? I don't understand it. This marketing information is a representation, in my eyes, of the writer, the book, etc. So why not make it correct? Why not have it professionally edited?

I guess that is enough venting for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home