The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Village Voice article on blogging

So this article in the Village Voice is more about literary blogs. It discusses the rise of the influence of blogs. And with influence comes power and with power, comes ethical dilemmas. I personally don't suffer from these dilemmas (I talk as if I've been blogging for years.) But speaking from my website, I promoted the books, that I wanted to promote. But of course I didn't have any advertising and, um, didn't make any money. But I had complete control, which was a wonderful thing.

The article also mentions Kevin Smokler who started a popular literary promotional site in the 90's while he was in grad school and now does virtual book tours. These tours allow authors to visit a number of blogs, websites, etc in cyberspace. It is a pretty neat idea. He always has a new book coming out in June, called Bookmark Now which looks at the changing world of books and writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home