The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Saturday, October 21, 2006

New issue of Mosaic and New Editor

The new issue of Mosaic is available. It includes my interview with Marlon James, author of the acclaimed, John Crow's Devil. Mosaic is one of the longest-running literary magazines dedicated to writers of color. We must continue supporting it!

In news, Ron has elected me as a new editor of Mosaic. Can I tell you how thrilled I am? I remember how bad I wanted to write for Mosaic. Ron's magazine and website inspired me to start BackList. From his editorial note, he wrote:

"Felicia Pride will be responsible forthe editorial direction and assignments
for Mosaic. I know she’ll do an excellent job and Mosaic will continue to grow
under her leadership."


Also Ron posted an update about the future of the magazine:

Seeing our option narrow as a print publication and broaden as a digital one
we've decided to make Mosaic available free -- soon to be available for
download. We're currently working out the digital kinks. Current issues should
be available in October. We will continue to print issues for literary
institutions. More soon to come.

5 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, congratulations on the new gig! i'm quite excited about the expanding digital direction of the magazine. this certainly makes it more accessible to foreign folks like myself. all the best. :)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger slb said...

congrats, felicia! you LOVE 'mosaic!' that's awesome. :-)

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Felicia Pride said...

thanks, ladies!

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Sis....
I off to buy a susbscription right now.....
Julia aka Msjulala aka Still Waiting on that Backlist babytee-LOL

www.myspace.com/msjulala

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Shelia said...

Congratulations!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home