The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The First Book by Vibe's Street Lit imprint is...

Death Around the Corner by C-Murder. Remember 2Pac's song with the same title? I'm sure many authors will feel the same way Samuel Jackson felt about rappers becoming actors. But I have to say I was happy to read parts of C-Murder's author note:

The first thing I did was I started reading a lot. Sometimes I read a book
in one day. So I started getting real interested in everything about books. And
I just started feeling the flow and how different authors express themselves in
a book. I learned a lot by just hands-on experience. Whatever I’m doing, I learn
quick. So that was the first process, just reading and getting interested.

Then I’m like All right, let me just try writing. But I’m my
biggest critic. So then I said, I need some info on this. I need a book that can
teach you how to write a book and write a novel, and all about publishing. I wanna know everything about the game, ya heard me? So I got all that information through the library.

2 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

c-murder reads and goes to the library? there is hope in the world.
on another note, black ink will be returning, but with a little multiracial help.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting novel. If you are looking for multi-cultural books, I recommend visiting LeeAndLow.com. They are an African American book publisher that prints books for people of all backgrounds. Visit them to see their collection of books.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home