The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Snoop Doggy Dogg

is writing a novel. I'm sure you've heard. Everyone is all up in arms about it. What they should be more up in arms about is:


This is the first novel in a street-lit series headed by Snoop for Atria.
“Books speak more to a female audience than does his music,” Schmidt says, “so
these novels give him an opportunity to show, particularly his female fans,
another side.”


And yes us females definitely need to see another side of him. Okay, right.

Heading a publishing imprint? While I'm confused about that (as I was with 50 cent), Snoop's got the star power.

Personally, I think Snoop fell off after Doggystyle. His rhyming was never the same. But it ain't about skillz no more...it's about how many books, I mean records you can sell. Maybe he'll put that same fire into his fiction? I won't judge until I read it, shoot as a novelist, Snoop could be the next 50 cent.

1 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Miss Vicki said...

Okay...
I didn't know Snoop was writing a book, but I will be honest & say, that I was glad to hear 50 cent was penning & publishing?

Why? Becuz, he is going to get somebody's to reading. And, if it starts there fine - Hip Hip Hooray!

I luv your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home