The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Greatest MC's & Bob Marley

MTV picked their Top 10 greatest MCs and Jay-Z is number one. While I don't think their top 10 was a bad list (they had my men Rakim and Big Daddy Kane on the list), I disagree with the order. Jay-Z as number one? Nas number 5? But as Jay-Z rapped, politics as usual.

But that didn't bug me out as much as the individual lists of the top 10 albums of the 2005 MTV brain trust. When I say they have some far out choices, geez. There are like two lists that include Tribe's Midnight Mauraders. While I really, really like that album, it can't compete with Low End Theory. Come on now. Collectively, their lists missed too many crucial albums.

Anywho Christopher John Farley wrote a piece for Vibe that Bob Marley was the godfather of hip hop. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home