The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Goodbye Blogger

Today is the last day I'll be posting over here on Blogger. These two years have been real. I looked back at some of my old posts from 2005 and some of them were pretty bad. Thanks to those who stuck with me since then!

But I've finally found a way to incorporate my version of a blog at my site BackList. Yep, only took me two years to figure out. Aptly titled BackListed, the "blog," (I use the term loosely) will be a mix of publishing news, commentary, author interviews, essays, favorite book picks, photos, video, everything in between and of course, the random, off-topic musing.

Where is all of this coming from? Well in efforts to grow BackList, LLC into the dynamic organization I believe it can be, a sista had to make many, many changes. And this is just the beginning.

This unfortunately means that for those of you who have linked to this blogger site or blogrolled me, I must ask you nicely to please update the link to this.

In the meantime, I hope all of you will follow me to my new home. It's quite cozy, trust me.

Oh and be sure to check out my books:

THE MESSAGE: 100 LIFE LESSONS FROM HIP-HOP'S GREATEST SONGS
October 2007, Thunder's Mouth Press/Perseus Books, 1-56858-335-4
THE MESSAGE is a DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF for the hip-hop generation—a compendium of real wisdom that has been distilled from the all-time greatest hip-hop songs. Pride examines a wide range of hip-hop songs and artists, interpreting life through their lenses. Growing up with hip-hop, Pride has come to realize the way it shaped how she thinks, writes, reacts and how it has helped to make her the person that she is today. By incorporating her experiences and reflections with the rappers’ messages, Pride focuses on the positive, motivational influence hip-hop has had on its audience. With each life lesson aptly titled after a hip-hop song, such as Kanye West’s “Jesus Walks,” EPMD’s “Please Listen to My Demo,” or Public Enemy’s “Fight the Power,” THE MESSAGE explores spirituality, success, love, business, and more through hip-hop.

HALLWAY DIARIES
By Felicia Pride, Debbie Rigaud, Karen Valentin
Kimani Tru, Sept. 2007, 0-373-83084-X
Three girls. Three High Schools. Three gotta-read Stories.

1 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Robert said...

Thanks for the post and sharing the blog. Valuable and excellent post, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts.
lots of great information and inspiration. I just would like to say thanks for your great efforts.
I appreciate your excellent post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home