The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Authors, listen up!

I know I've been kind of MIA, flaky. But that will change very soon...I've got some things in the work to beef up this blog.

Anywho, my fellow authors out there, here is a great article from PW about how one writer grinded to promote his book.

The most important aspect of the article is that one year after his book has been published, Christopher Lee Nutter is still at it. Many times publishing companies make us believe that audiences are only interested in a book only up to 3 months after their release. This belief is tied to media attention, not audience interest. I don't know about you, but in terms of my reading tastes, I don't care when a book came out, I just care if it is good.

Keep this in mind as you promote your own book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home