The BackList

This is a retired blog. For the new and improved BackList blog, please visit www.thebacklist.net!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Agenting Process

One of my favorite blogs, Big Bad Book Blog, has an article about landing an agent. Well it's part one and discusses the first steps of finding and contacting an agent.

I still maintain that one of the best ways to land an agent is through networking. Less and less agents these days are accepting unsolicited manuscripts. It really is about who you know, or who knows you.

So for those of you looking for an agent, you got to get out there, make yourself known and get to know as many people as possible.

And I'm not talking about emailing someone you don't know and asking them to connect you with an agent. I get a few too many of those emails. Networking is about building relationships.

2 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really is about who you know

This is the most depressing thing you could have said.

This bullshit branch of the entertainment industry called publishing disgusts me. When I returned after living many years abroad I realised that all the writers recently published in my country had all a background in the mass media before they picked up a pen.

 
At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Link on my name didn't work:
Here it is:
http://www.aidenoreilly.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home